Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

concurrence_unlock_error when running object_detection_sample_ssd

pang__pih
Beginner

On RPI4B Raspian Buster, Openvino 2019 R.3.1, NCS2 I am getting this error:

pi@raspberrypi:~/inference_engine_samples_build/armv7l/Release $ ./object_detection_sample_ssd -i ./person-detection-retail-0002.bin -m ./person-detection-retail-0002.xml -d MYRIAD
[ INFO ] InferenceEngine: 
    API version ............ 2.1
    Build .................. custom_releases/2019/R3_cb6cad9663aea3d282e0e8b3e0bf359df665d5d0
    Description ....... API
Parsing input parameters
[ INFO ] Files were added: 1
[ INFO ]     ./person-detection-retail-0002.bin
[ INFO ] Loading Inference Engine
[ INFO ] Device info: 
    MYRIAD
    myriadPlugin version ......... 2.1
    Build ........... 30677
[ INFO ] Loading network files:
    ./person-detection-retail-0002.xml
    ./person-detection-retail-0002.bin
[ INFO ] Preparing input blobs
[ INFO ] Batch size is 1
[ INFO ] Preparing output blobs
terminate called after throwing an instance of '__gnu_cxx::__concurrence_lock_error'
  what():  __gnu_cxx::__concurrence_lock_error
Aborted
pi@raspberrypi:~/inference_engine_samples_build/armv7l/Release $ 

pi@raspberrypi:~/inference_engine_samples_build/armv7l/Release $ ls
benchmark_app                hello_nv12_input_classification  lib                               person-detection-retail-0002.xml
classification_sample_async  hello_query_device               object_detection_sample_ssd       speech_sample
hello_classification         hello_reshape_ssd                person-detection-retail-0002.bin  style_transfer_sample

Please advise! Thanks..

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RandallMan_B_Intel

Hi Pih,

Thanks for reaching out.

You need to replace the input flag: "-i ./person-detection-retail-0002.bin" with the full path of the input image. For example:

./object_detection_sample_ssd -i <path_to_image>/inputImage.jpg -m <path_to_model>person-detection-retail-0002.xml -d MYRIAD

Please refer to the Object Detection Sample SSD to review the structure and flags in the command.

Feel free to ask if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Randall B.

0 Kudos
yamen
Beginner

Hi @RandallMan_B_Intel , i did the whole process right but i still have the same error mentioned above by @pang__pih 

./object_detection_sample_ssd -i 1.jpg -m person-detection-retail-0002.xml -d MYRIAD

i also tested .bmp image but the error also occurred

can you help me please ? 

best regards

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

@yamen  And you also use OpenVINO 2019 R3 version, which is pretty old? Is it possible for you to upgrade to the latest version, that to the moment is 2021.4.1 ?

0 Kudos