Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

convert_models error

idata
Employee

when I use the original convert_models.sh script, then run python3 stream_infer.py is OK, but the inference time is a bit slow, googlenet about 566ms, squeeznet 301ms

when I add the "-s 12" after "python3 $NCS_TOOLKIT_ROOT/mvNCCompile.pyc ../networks/SqueezeNet/NetworkConfig.prototxt -w ../networks/SqueezeNet/squeezenet_v1.0.caffemodel -o ../networks/SqueezeNet/graph" in the script, there is an error as below:

~/Work/movidius/ncapi/py_examples/stream_infer$ python3 stream_infer.py

Number of categories: 2

Device 0 Address: 13 - VID/PID 03e7:2150

Starting wait for connect with 2000ms timeout

Found Address: 13 - VID/PID 03e7:2150

Found EP 0x81 : max packet size is 512 bytes

Found EP 0x01 : max packet size is 512 bytes

Found and opened device

Performing bulk write of 825136 bytes…

Successfully sent 825136 bytes of data in 48.770596 ms (16.134948 MB/s)

Boot successful, device address 13

Found Address: 13 - VID/PID 040e:f63b

done

Booted 13 -> VSC

Exception in thread Thread-1:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/python3.5/threading.py", line 914, in _bootstrap_inner

self.run()

File "/usr/lib/python3.5/threading.py", line 862, in run

self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)

File "stream_infer.py", line 149, in input_thread

gGraph.LoadTensor(preprocessed_image_buf ,"frame %s" % frame_number)

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/mvnc/mvncapi.py", line 194, in LoadTensor

raise Exception(Status(status))

Exception: Status.ERROR

what can I do?

btw, Ubuntu 16.04, new movidius SDK MvNC_SDK_1.07.07
0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

@arlose Hi arlose, it seems like the problem you are experiencing might not be related to using the -s 12 option for compiling the graph file. I have been unable to reproduce the problem so far. I suggest unplugging any connected NCS devices and rebooting your machine and then try running the latest version of stream_infer and let me know if you are still experiencing the same problem. The latest version of stream_infer can be found at: https://ncs-forum-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/neal/stream_infer.py. Another suggestion is to try running stream_infer again with the graph file that was compiled without using the -s 12 option.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

hi @Tome_at_Intel , I use the latest version of stream_infer, but have the same problem. when I use the graph file without using the -s 12 option, is all OK.

when I change the option -s 12 to -s 10, I can run the stream_infer, but after a few seconds, it crashed again.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@arlose Can you try using a powered USB hub? Also, this may or may not be an issue with using -s 10, but the number of active SHAVEs is configurable in options of 1, 2, 4, 8, or 12 for use with network layers. Try using one of those SHAVE options instead of -s 10.

0 Kudos