Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

failure to build samples in C

yaridor
Beginner

Hello,

I am a new starter with OpenVino. I installed the toolkit. I opened the samples.sln file (from the C:\Users\<my username>\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\inference_engine_cpp_samples_build folder) in MSVS and could build the solution successfully. However, when I did the same for the samples in C I got the following error:

2>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'gflags.lib'

I would appreciate your help. thanks, Yariv

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Max_L_Intel

Hi @yaridor 

We identified 2 issues related to this bug:

1) Absent thirdparty directory with gflags lib

2) Cmake configuration issue - missed opencv_c_wrapper. 

This is planned to be fixed soon. Meanwhile, you can try the hot-fix from this PR for Open Source OpenVINO distribution. And for current Intel Distribution of OpenVINO you can use the following workaround:

1) Copy "thirdparty" folder from "cpp" directory to "c"

2) In the "common" directory you need to create the new one - "format_reader", and then move all the files from "common" to it ("common\format_reader")

After following those steps c samples should be built successfully.

Thank you.
Best regards, Max.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Max_L_Intel

Hi @yaridor 

We were able to reproduce this issue under Windows OS, so we are looking into fixing it.
Thanks for reporting this.

Best regards, Max.

0 Kudos
Max_L_Intel

Hi @yaridor 

We identified 2 issues related to this bug:

1) Absent thirdparty directory with gflags lib

2) Cmake configuration issue - missed opencv_c_wrapper. 

This is planned to be fixed soon. Meanwhile, you can try the hot-fix from this PR for Open Source OpenVINO distribution. And for current Intel Distribution of OpenVINO you can use the following workaround:

1) Copy "thirdparty" folder from "cpp" directory to "c"

2) In the "common" directory you need to create the new one - "format_reader", and then move all the files from "common" to it ("common\format_reader")

After following those steps c samples should be built successfully.

Thank you.
Best regards, Max.

0 Kudos
Max_L_Intel

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution.  If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

0 Kudos