Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

gError installing openvino 2021.1.110

beltramo__enrico
Beginner

Installing the latest version of Openvino (2021.1.110) following steps:

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/openvino_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_linux.html

I have follow error when I run setupvars:

[setupvars.sh] ERROR: Can not find OpenVINO Python module for python3.8 by path /opt/intel/openvino_2021/python/python3.8

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Rizal_Intel

Hi beltramo,

Currently, the OpenVINO 2021.1 LINUX distribution have no modules for python 3.8.

I would recommend you use python 3.7 as an alternative for now.

Regards,

Rizal

0 Kudos
beltramo__enrico
Beginner

Is not clear for me witch version of python is looking the setupvars file. In my system I'm running  python with a conda installation.

I have to create a new conda env with python 3.7 and run the setupvars in it?

Looking in the script, I noticed that is possible to start it with option -pyver, so starting it with option -pyver 3.7 inside a conve env 3.7, I have no error. Is that correct?

0 Kudos
Rizal_Intel

Hi beltramo,

Yes, that is correct.

Don't forget to run OpenVINO python scripts with the same version of python (Python3.7 in your case).

Regards,

Rizal

Rizal_Intel

Hi Beltramo,

Intel will no longer monitor this thread since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question. 

Regards,

Rizal

0 Kudos