Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

hddldeamon log file for VPU

KLim4
Beginner

I'm experiencing HDDLDeamon crashing with IEI Mustang V100 and trying to setup proper logging to identify is either hardware or software issue.

I went through the HDDL config documentation https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/downloads/595850_Intel_Vision_Accelerator_Design_with_Intel_Movidius%E2%84%A2_VPUs-HAL%20Configuration%20Guide_rev1.3.pdf but could not find out how to log it to file and where is the file.

May I know where is the log file?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KLim4
Beginner

any HDDL team can support on this?

0 Kudos
JAIVIN_J_Intel
Employee

Hi Kim,

The documentation you have mentioned is for an older version of OpenVINO.

Can you please try on the latest version of OpenVINO (2020.2 release) with its corresponding Configuration Guide

If you are using Windows OS, you may follow these installation steps.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jaivin

0 Kudos
KLim4
Beginner

Thanks for your response. Jaivin. I'm running the movidius VPU in Ubuntu.

I went through the latest link you mention but it doesn't explain where will be the hddldeamon log file.

Need your help to confirm how to configure hddldeamon to store the log.

0 Kudos
KLim4
Beginner

i'm using the recommended setting as provided in https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_docs_install_guides_movidius_setup_guide.html (i can see log at the terminal where i run my OpenVINO application). I commented all my program output and i can see the hddldaemon log (fps, temperature, and etc) appeared at the terminal where i run my OpenVINO application.

I'm experiencing hddldaemon crashing (seldom occur) and I'm not sure is my OpenVINO application didn't call the inference engine API properly hence causing the hddldaemon to crash or is the movidius myriadx hardware issue or could be even the hddldaemon itself.

Kindly advice which are the configuration parameters (autoboot configuration, service configuration, api configuration as stated in https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/downloads/595850_Intel_Vision_Accelerator_Design_with_Intel_Movidius%E2%84%A2_VPUs-HAL%20Configuration%20Guide_rev1.3.pdf) I need to enable to log to allow me to understand the hddldaemon crashing is due to hardware or software issue.

0 Kudos
JAIVIN_J_Intel
Employee

Can you try enabling the log level debug from hddldeamon using the following steps:

• open the hddl_service.config from openvino/deployment_tools/inference_engine/external/hddl/config
  • Modify the below content under log_level:

"log_debug":                   "off", 

to 

"log_debug":                   "on",

• Run the hddldaemon to apply the changes.

Also please provide the following details, to have a look further:

• Entire log when the issue occurs.
  •  OpenVINO Version
  • OS Version
  • Kernel Version
  • Models used

0 Kudos