Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

installation location

gb8
New Contributor I

Hi, again.

I am also testing Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit for Windows 10.

I installed and registering setupvars.sh for cmd.exe, 

Installation directories are two.

gb8_0-1647507366034.png

And the contents of 'setupvars.sh' are same.

Which is the correct location for after?

No problem?

Thanks, again.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Hairul_Intel

Hi gb8,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

For your information, the openvino_2021 is just a shortcut folder corresponding to the OpenVINO Toolkit version that you installed.

You can confirm the version of openvino_2021 shortcut folder by going to the properties and see the target ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\openvino_2021.4.752") as shown below:

shortcut.png

From my end, the openvino_2021 shortcut folder is just directing to the openvino_2021.4.752 folder. Thus, my setupvars.bat in openvino_2021 shortcut folder is actually from the openvino_2021.4.752 folder.

Regards,

Hairul

0 Kudos
gb8
New Contributor I

I see.

Thanks.
It seems that the purpose of shortcut folder is, if I use 'openvino_2021' in code or command line, for newer release of  'openvino_2021', I need not modify code or command line.
Is it right?
0 Kudos
Hairul_Intel

Hi gb8,

The openvino_2021 shortcut target will change to the version of the latest installation that you've performed if it is in the same release year.

For example, my current version is openvino_2021.4.752. However, when I install another previous release version of openvino_2021.4.689, the openvino_2021 shortcut target is changed automatically as shown below:

2021.4.1.png

It is recommended that if you have multiple installation versions of OpenVINO, you need to provide the full path for the particular version you want to use instead of using the openvino_2021 shortcut.

Regards,

Hairul

0 Kudos
Hairul_Intel

Hi gb8,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Hairul

0 Kudos