Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

is there any method to control processor GHz?

Mostafa-
Employee

Hi team,

is there a way to manage the Processor GHz and the temperature? for example to use max 1GHz in TGL to avoid high temperature.

I got this question from IoT partner that wants to use OpenVINO in edge use case and they want to avoid high temperature.

BR,

Mostafa

0 Kudos
1 Solution
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Mostafa,

Thanks for reaching out.

This is currently not possible to achieve with OpenVINO Toolkit. I will escalate your feature request to the engineering team. However, we cannot comment on future changes or any planned features, because they might be subject to changes.

Apart from that, there is Python API to read the device temperature. Alternatively, you can use this to read the temperature and limit the device to infer only at the desired temperature threshold.

The snip code looks like this:

ie = IECore()

ie.get_metric(metric_name="DEVICE_THERMAL", device_name="CPU")

Regards,

Aznie

View solution in original post

4 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Mostafa,

Thanks for reaching out.

This is currently not possible to achieve with OpenVINO Toolkit. I will escalate your feature request to the engineering team. However, we cannot comment on future changes or any planned features, because they might be subject to changes.

Apart from that, there is Python API to read the device temperature. Alternatively, you can use this to read the temperature and limit the device to infer only at the desired temperature threshold.

The snip code looks like this:

ie = IECore()

ie.get_metric(metric_name="DEVICE_THERMAL", device_name="CPU")

Regards,

Aznie

Mostafa-
Employee

thank you Aznie!

0 Kudos
Hari_B_Intel

Hi Mostafa

As for now, the OpenVINO library does not have any API that can manage the CPU, but I found some information in OneAPI community forum where you can use the API to limit the CPU utilization.

hope this information help

Hari Chand

IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Mostafa,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided the information. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos