cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SDabh1
Beginner

mask_rcnn_resnet50_atrous_coco in HETERO mode fails

Hello All,

I am trying to run one of the mask rcnn python demo (mask_rcnn_resnet50_atrous_coco) in an HETERO mode. But it runs into a following issue:

[ INFO ] Preparing output blobs
[ INFO ] Loading model to the device
[ INFO ] Create infer request
Emulator Context callback: Requested memory object size exceeds device limits
ERROR: CL_INVALID_BUFFER_SIZE
Location: /teamcity/work/scoring_engine_build/releases_2019_R3/thirdparty/dla/runtime/core/src/device_buffer.cpp:128
Failed clCreateBuffer
[ ERROR ]

Initially, I was trying it to run with input size of (800x800) but later I tried the smaller input size model (1,1365) but still having the same issue. I am wondering if this issue is because of input size? Or there is something else that I am missing on?

FPGA board I am using is "Mustang sg1"

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JAIVIN_J_Intel
Employee

Hi Sunil,

Please confirm that you have followed the steps to Configure and Set Up the Intel® Vision Accelerator Design with an Intel® Arria® 10 FPGA.

Have you programmed the bitstream corresponding to the topology of the model?

Also, please mention the command you used to optimize the model to IR.

Regards,

Jaivin

SDabh1
Beginner

Hi Jaivin,

1. Yes, I have followed the steps as mentioned in the document and I am able to run all other models in HETERO as well as in only FPGA mode. So FPGA is configured correctly.

2. I have tried all the available bitstreams but still no luck. Also, I am running it in HETERO mode so it should work irrespective of what bitstream I am using. Because unsupported layers will fall back to CPU. Please note I am able to run it in pure CPU mode. Openvino version I am using is 2019.3.376.

3. Command in use:

/home/demo/omz_demos_build/intel64/Release/mask_rcnn_demo -d HETERO:FPGA,CPU -i /opt/intel/openvino_fpga_2019.3.376/deployment_tools/demo/car_1.bmp -m /opt/intel/openvino_2019.3.376/deployment_tools/open_model_zoo/tools/downloader/public/mask_rcnn_resnet50_atrous_coco/FP16/mask_rcnn_resnet50_atrous_coco.xml

Please let me know if you need any other information from my side.

Thank you

-Sunil