Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

object_detection_sample and model person-detection-retail-0001, -box ave_pred

liu__zhiqi
Beginner

I have an issue running object_detect_sample with the following command 

./object_detection_sample -i /home/user/people.jpg -m <INSTALL_DIR>/deployment_tools/intel_models/person-detection-retail-0001/FP32/person-detection-retail-0001.xml --bbox_name detector/bbox/ave_pred -d CPU

the issue is here, the bbox layer can't be detected. 

DataPtr bbox_pred_reshapeInPort = ((ICNNNetwork&)network).getData(FLAGS_bbox_name.c_str());
        if (bbox_pred_reshapeInPort == nullptr) {
            throw std::logic_error(std::string("Can't find output layer named ") + FLAGS_bbox_name);
        }   

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Monique_J_Intel
Employee

Hi Zhiqi,

What version of OpenVINO are you using? I highly recommend that you upgrade to the latest version if you haven't done so.  I ran this command:

/opt/intel/computer_vision_sdk/deployment_tools/inference_engine/samples/build/intel64/Release/object_detection_sample -i people.jpeg -m /opt/intel/computer_vision_sdk/deployment_tools/intel_models/person-detection-retail-0001/FP32/person-detection-retail-0001.xml --bbox_name detector/bbox/ave_pred

and was able to run the sample successfully and also fyi you don't have to specify the device flag with CPU as that is the default target device.

Kind Regards,

Monique Jones

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Monique_J_Intel
Employee

Hi Zhiqi,

What version of OpenVINO are you using? I highly recommend that you upgrade to the latest version if you haven't done so.  I ran this command:

/opt/intel/computer_vision_sdk/deployment_tools/inference_engine/samples/build/intel64/Release/object_detection_sample -i people.jpeg -m /opt/intel/computer_vision_sdk/deployment_tools/intel_models/person-detection-retail-0001/FP32/person-detection-retail-0001.xml --bbox_name detector/bbox/ave_pred

and was able to run the sample successfully and also fyi you don't have to specify the device flag with CPU as that is the default target device.

Kind Regards,

Monique Jones

0 Kudos
liu__zhiqi
Beginner

I upgraded to R3, and this issue is gone. Thank you.

0 Kudos