Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

openVINO supports the GPU on laptops?

Macro
Beginner

Hi,

My laptop has Intel's (GPU) integrated graphics card 620. In this case, can openVINO be deployed on the GPU of a normal laptop when performing model optimization and calculation, without the need for additional equipment, such as Neural Compute Stick ? Or do I have to need an additional hardware device to function properly?
   The picture is the GPU information of my computer.

Macro_0-1596788961661.png
Best wishes!
Macro.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Munesh_Intel

Hi Macro,

Since your system has Intel UHD 620, which can be found in 8th generation Intel Core processors, as well as Radeon RX 550X graphics cards, your system meets the minimum hardware requirements to install OpenVINO toolkit. And you can run your model inferencing in CPU or GPU of your laptop, without any additional hardware.

The System Requirements for OpenVINO is available at the following page:

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/openvino-toolkit/system-requirements.html

Regards,

Munesh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Munesh_Intel

Hi Macro,

Since your system has Intel UHD 620, which can be found in 8th generation Intel Core processors, as well as Radeon RX 550X graphics cards, your system meets the minimum hardware requirements to install OpenVINO toolkit. And you can run your model inferencing in CPU or GPU of your laptop, without any additional hardware.

The System Requirements for OpenVINO is available at the following page:

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/openvino-toolkit/system-requirements.html

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos
Munesh_Intel

Hi Yang Macro,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos
Macro
Beginner

Hello Intel TS

Thank you very much for your answers, but I still purchased Neural Compute Stick 2, hoping it can bring me good luck when I am learning OpenVION.

unnamed.jpg

0 Kudos