Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

openvino 2021 FileNotFoundError:[WinError 2]

EddieChen
Novice

When I am using the openvino 2021 with python 3.8 version.

I got an error message.

FileNotFoundError[WinError 2]:

"C:\Programs Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_2021\python\python3.8\openvino\libs"

And I check the "C:\Programs Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_2021\python\python3.8\openvino\"

The "libs" folder was not existing.

Please help me to resolve this error.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Peh_Intel

Hi Eddie,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I also do not have this “libs” folder on my side. I would like to know how you get this error message.

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
EddieChen
Novice

Dear Peh,

When I try to import the module, this error message will show on cmd window.

2.PNG

openvino version: 2021_R3
python version: 3.8.4

Best regards,

Eddie

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi Eddie,

Did you run the setupvars.bat batch file before import the module? It is in the bin directory:

<install_dir>\bin

You must update several environment variables before you can compile and run OpenVINO™ applications. Run the setupvars.bat batch file for every new opened Command Prompt.

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
EddieChen
Novice

Dear Peh,

Did you run the setupvars.bat batch file before import the module? It is in the bin directory:

<install_dir>\bin

>>Yes, I run the setupvars.bat before I run my own code.

Also, I ever run my own code on python 3.7.9, that has never happened this error.

Best regards,

Eddie

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi Eddie,

Thanks for pointing out this issue. I also validated that OpenVINO™ is unable to work with Python 3.8 and above on my side. There is a bug in the installation script. It only happens on python 3.8 and above.

Please downgrade your Python version to Python 3.7 for now as developer is fixing the bug.

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
EddieChen
Novice

Dear Peh,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using the python 3.7 right now.

But, the python 3.7 does not support shared memory in the multiprocessing module.

Best regards,

Eddie

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi Eddie,

Glad to inform you that we are able to solve this issue.

There are four scripts required to modify. Please refer to this link to remove the codes under the red-highlighted regions and added the codes under the green-highlighted regions. Please be aware of sequence and space when pasting the codes.

The four scripts are in the following directories:

1. <INSTALL_DIR>\openvino_2021.3.394\python\python3.8\openvino\inference_engine\__init__.py

2. <INSTALL_DIR>\openvino_2021.3.394\python\python3.8\openvino\offline_transformations\__init__.py

3. <INSTALL_DIR>\openvino_2021.3.394\python\python3.8\ngraph\impl\__init__.py

4. <INSTALL_DIR>\openvino_2021.3.394\bin\setupvars.bat

I’ve validated with Python version 3.8.0, 3.8.4 and 3.8.9 after modifying these four scripts.

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
EddieChen
Novice

Dear Peh,

This problem was solved.

There is still another problem that the CV2 module can’t be imported.

Like this:

import cv2_1.PNG

Best regards,

Eddie

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi Eddie,

The issue we encountered for Python 3.8 in OpenVINO™ 2021.3 has been fixed and will be available for the next distribution release which is OpenVINO™  2021.4.

As for now, there are three options for you:

Option 1: Downgrade the Python version to Python 3.7.

Option 2: Wait for the release of OpenVINO™ 2021.4.

Option 3: Download the OpenVINO™ GitHub version and compile it for windows by following this WIKI.

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi Eddie,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided suggestion. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos