Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

openvino IR model inference results are different using CPU and MYRIAD

Jay2
Novice

I encountered the problem that the results using CPU and MYRIAD are different (CPU is correct but MYRIAD is not). Only difference is -d CPU or -d MYRIAD. CPU:

cpu.png

MYRIAD

myriad.png

I have tried to set

ie.set_config({'VPU_HW_STAGES_OPTIMIZATION': 'NO'}, "MYRIAD")

but it was not working. I also used ie.get_config to check the status, it illustrated that the config was set. Is there any suggestion? Thanks. BTW, the result using VPU_HW_STAGES_OPTIMIZATION YES/NO are totally same.

Jay2

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Max_L_Intel

Hi @Jay2 

We've tried to run your python script with provided IR and image on the latest OpenVINO master branch.
The result is:

$python3 test_1.py -i orig.jpg
res= 	 0.12123108 0.80086327
$python3 test_1.py -i orig.jpg -d MYRIAD
res= 	 0.12121582 0.80078125

The output image for MYRIAD is the same as CPU.
Most likely this issue has been resolved by this PR. Please try OpenVINO master branch from GitHub commit: https://github.com/openvinotoolkit/openvino/commit/041f1a694cbe99de4fecdf7d7195ea8ea3905ef4

However, the issue might still be presented with VPU_HW_STAGES_OPTIMIZTION enabled, so for the time being we recommend to turn that off for current OpenVINO branch.

Hope this helps.
Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Jay2
Novice

any help?

0 Kudos
Max_L_Intel

Hi @Jay2 

We currently have similar cases reported with incorrect inference results on MYRIAD plugin, so we are investigating this.

Please let us know what model you use (topology, framework, model conversion command, link to the model if it's available publicly)?

Best regards, Max.

0 Kudos
Jay2
Novice

Hi @Max_L_Intel ,

Thanks Max for your replay. I have uploaded our caffe model, corresponding IR model, and input image.

The model conversion command is:

python3 mo.py --input_model ~/model/HorizonalFinemapping.caffemodel --input_proto ~/model/HorizonalFinemapping.prototxt --output_dir ~/model/output/

The origin input image, correct result from CPU, and wrong result from MYRIAD are shown as following:

original input image:

orig.jpg

CPU correct result:

CPU_result.jpg

MYRIAD wrong result:  

MYRIAD_result.jpg

0 Kudos
Max_L_Intel

Hi @Jay2 

Thanks for providing the model. We've reported this to developers team.

Please also let us know:

1) What sample/demo code you use to reproduce this issue?
2) OpenVINO version

0 Kudos
Jay2
Novice

Hi @Max_L_Intel ,

I wrote a sample test code to test the converted model please see the attachment. The openvino version I used is 2020.4.287.

0 Kudos
Max_L_Intel

Hi @Jay2 

We've tried to run your python script with provided IR and image on the latest OpenVINO master branch.
The result is:

$python3 test_1.py -i orig.jpg
res= 	 0.12123108 0.80086327
$python3 test_1.py -i orig.jpg -d MYRIAD
res= 	 0.12121582 0.80078125

The output image for MYRIAD is the same as CPU.
Most likely this issue has been resolved by this PR. Please try OpenVINO master branch from GitHub commit: https://github.com/openvinotoolkit/openvino/commit/041f1a694cbe99de4fecdf7d7195ea8ea3905ef4

However, the issue might still be presented with VPU_HW_STAGES_OPTIMIZTION enabled, so for the time being we recommend to turn that off for current OpenVINO branch.

Hope this helps.
Thank you.

0 Kudos
Jay2
Novice

Hi @Max_L_Intel ,

Thanks for your replay, I will try it with the latest master branch.

Jay

0 Kudos
Max_L_Intel

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution.  If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

0 Kudos