Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

openvino issue loading opengna.dll when using GNA_AUTO

sblu
Employee

folks,

pulled the latest from https://github.com/openvinotoolkit/

build steps: cmake + visualStudio compile successfully (using 2017 VS)

tried to run speech sample with parameters below:

-d GNA_AUTO -bs 2 -i dev93_10.ark -m wsj_dnn5b_smbr_fp32.xml -o scores.ark -r dev93_scores_10.ark

Fails as follows:

[ INFO ] InferenceEngine:
        API version ............ 2.1
        Build .................. custom_master_d0be6b1d2f1630a804385262c7d197ffdf07c0f4
        Description ....... API
[ INFO ] Parsing input parameters
[ INFO ] No extensions provided
[ INFO ] Loading Inference Engine
[ INFO ] Device info:
[ ERROR ] Failed to create plugin

.\GNA2.0\openvino\bin\intel64\Release\GNAPlugin.dll for device GNA
Please, check your environment
Cannot load library

.\GNA2.0\openvino\bin\intel64\Release\GNAPlugin.dll': 126 from cwd: .\GNA2.0\openvino\build\inference-engine\samples\speech_sample

Note:

The GNAPlugin.dll is in the folder referenced above, before anyone asks... also, parameters below passes:

-d CPU -bs 2 -i dev93_10.ark -m wsj_dnn5b_smbr_fp32.xml -o scores.ark -r dev93_scores_10.ark

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Max_L_Intel

Hi @sblu 

Have you got Windows Intel GNA driver installed thru Windows Update service as mentioned in the GNA plugin documentation?

If so, then you should source the script ~/intel/bin/compilervars.sh intel64

Hope this will help.
Best regards, Max.

0 Kudos
sblu
Employee

Thanks for the reply

A couple follow up questions:

1. my development laptop does not have GNA; I believe this shouldn't prevent me from running GNA_AUTO, only GNA_HW; please confirm

2. Not sure about ~/intel/bin/compilervars.sh intel64.  THis is a linux command, how is it related to the windows compilation?  Are you saying that I source this script that will then build the cmake environment? Need a little more context here.  

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Max_L_Intel

Hi @sblu 

For Windows obviously there should be compilervars.bat file. However, both my recommendations make sense for GNA Hardware device only, so in your case of software execution mode please ignore them.

I've testing this on my system, and this works as expected. How did you compile your speech_sample.exe? And what is GNA2.0\openvino directory? 
By default OpenVINO should be putting GNAPlugin.dll within <openvino>\deployement_tools\inference_engine\bin\intel64\Release directory, and then during speech_sample execution it should be looking for this file in this exact directory. But for your case it is different one: <openvino>\bin\intel64\Release, that I think should not be existed.

Best regards, Max.

0 Kudos
sblu
Employee

Hello,

I started from scratch again using another laptop that does not have GNA; I did a git clone from https://github.com/openvinotoolkit/openvino for my build, then followed the steps mentioned in repo's openVino/build-instruction.md, sub-heading 'build on windows systems'. I used VS 2019 this time.  Everything again compiled fine.  My folder structure is again the same, with the samples in the openVino/bin/intel64/Release folder.  

I was able to then run the sample using the CPU flag; however, when I ran using the flag set to GNA_AUTO, the runtime error is the same: 'failed to create plugin …\openVino\bin\intel64\Release\GNAPlugin.dll: 126 from cwd: …\openVino\bin\intel64\Release 

The gnaplugin.dll is there.  I also moved my release directory to match what you have with no change to the error message.

0 Kudos
sblu
Employee

Found the problem: the build system is putting the compiled gna.dll in another folder:

..\openVino\inference-engine\temp\gna_02.00.00.0925\win64\x64

Note, GNAPlugin.dll is still in …\openVino\bin\intel64\Release 

I added the path to gna.dll to environment variables and it was able to run and go past the initial error. 

The build-instruction.md file should be modified to include this item.

For reference:

git clone from https://github.com/openvinotoolkit/openvino

git rev-parse origin/master
fc3f9af923a1bd8ee2c232f227144f941f1f4015

0 Kudos