Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

openvino smart classroom demo output video

YKIA
Beginner

I'm running the smart classroom demo and I want to save the captures to video file.  Below is my command:

smart_classroom_demo.exe -i 0 -m_act "person-detection-action-recognition-0005\FP32\person-detection-action-recognition-0005.xml" -m_fd "face-detection-retail-0004\FP32\face-detection-retail-0004.xml" -m_lm "landmarks-regression-retail-0009\FP32\landmarks-regression-retail-0009.xml" -m_reid "face-reidentification-retail-0095\FP32\face-reidentification-retail-0095.xml" -out_v "openvino.mp4"

I use -out_v to save the captures into a mp4 video file. Although the video file is successfully created but when i opened it the video cannot be loaded.

Anyone can help?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

as you may see examining application source (main.cpp) output video format is hardcoded to be MJPG

if (!FLAGS_out_v.empty()) {
            vid_writer = cv::VideoWriter(FLAGS_out_v, cv::VideoWriter::fourcc('M', 'J', 'P', 'G'),
                                         cap->fps(), Visualizer::GetOutputSize(frame.size()));
        }

and so, you need to have MJPG decoder in system to playback file.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
IntelSupport

Hi Yinkai,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We recommend that you save the output video in .avi format.

Regards,

Adli

0 Kudos
YKIA
Beginner

Hi Adli,

I have try .avi, .mp4, .wmv, .mov format. All of them shows the same error -: This file isn’t playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt.

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

as you may see examining application source (main.cpp) output video format is hardcoded to be MJPG

if (!FLAGS_out_v.empty()) {
            vid_writer = cv::VideoWriter(FLAGS_out_v, cv::VideoWriter::fourcc('M', 'J', 'P', 'G'),
                                         cap->fps(), Visualizer::GetOutputSize(frame.size()));
        }

and so, you need to have MJPG decoder in system to playback file.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport

Hi Yinkai,

If possible, could you share additional information about your input data ? Is it a video file or you are getting input data from webcam?

Regards,

Adli

0 Kudos