Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
冯__帅
Beginner

why BERT model just run in one cpu though there are eight cpus

the latest version of openvino which support BERT model, but the inference just run in one cpu. plugin.add_cpu_extension('/opt/intel/openvino_2019.2.242/deployment_tools/inference_engine/lib/intel64/libcpu_extension_avx2.so')
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Hi,

Try to use benchmark_app to experiment with the core utilization. I used the following script on a machine having 18 cores, 2 sockets, which gives 72 logical processors all utilized to 100% during the peak of loading the model.

numactl -l ~/inference_engine_samples_build/intel64/Release/benchmark_app -i bert_input.bin -m bert_model.ckpt.xml -niter 100 -nthreads 72 -nstreams 72 -nireq 72

Output:-

Count:      144 iterations
Duration:   1921.27 ms
Latency:    833.773 ms
Throughput: 74.9504 FPS

John_H_20
Beginner

Hello,

Is there somewhere I can download the input data file bert_input.bin? I tried running benchmark_app without the -i flag (since it is marked as optional) but got the error

[ ERROR ] Input Placeholder cannot be filled: please provide input binary files!

Is there a tutorial for converting a dataset (perhaps SQuAD) into the .bin format that benchmark_app will accept?

冯__帅
Beginner

Hi, how can I get the bert_input.bin? I can't run the benchmark_app

Hi,

For the purpose of unit testing, I just gave a text file of the required number of bytes saved in .bin format for the purpose of answering the query here. I recommend exploring Google's BERT repositories for understanding the structured input.