Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

windows version for distribution

natxo
Beginner

Hello

I know that the win OS need to develop in openvino is win10, but once the app is compiled.... will it run on another version of windows¿

Our computers are celeron based and full win10 is overkill as it consumed a lot of resources so im wondering if i can develop on a win10 machine and later move the libs and compiled exe to for example a a win7 embedded or something similar....

Note that im not going to use NCS for inference, just CPU or GPU

thank you!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Munesh_Intel

Hi Ignacio,

Greetings to you.

Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit supports and has been validated on Windows® 10.

Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit does not support and has not been validated on any other version of Windows®.

The system requirement for Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit for Windows® 10 is specifically mentioned here :

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/2021.1/openvino_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_windows.html#system_requirements

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos
natxo
Beginner

Thanks!!!, as i told i know the requeriments, im asking if a binary will work on other windows release.

0 Kudos
Munesh_Intel

Hi Ignacio,

We’ve only validated Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit on Windows® 10. You may try testing with other Windows releases (64-bit version), it may or may not work, and do share the results with our community for the benefit of everyone.

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos
Munesh_Intel

Hi Ignacio,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided information and suggestion. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question. 

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos