Intel® Edge Software Hub
Get answers from community peers to your questions about building Edge Software Hub solutions for edge compute node.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community! If you like the answer to your question, please mark it as 'Accepted Solution' to help others.

The Edge Software Vision Package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is now available here.

Learn more about developing on Intel® Hardware and Software here.
422 Discussions

EI-AMR: Follow Me Demo Not Installing Correctly

ChrisMatthieu
Employee
Hello

I seem to be having trouble installing:
sudo apt install ros-humble-followme-turtlebot3-gazebo

Could you let me know if you see any issues or have any advice?

Note: I am able to run the demo in 3 terminals but it seems to be having trouble identifying me...

Thanks in advance.
Chris 
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ChrisMatthieu
Employee

I resolved the issue by commenting out the Aaeon robot controller (as it does not exist on my custom built robot) and reduced the complexity from 2 cameras to 1 camera in the bash script. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Iffa_Intel

Hi,

You are referring to an older version of Robotic SDK tutorial.

It is recommended to follow this latest tutorial (version 2.1) instead, which utilizes ROS 2 components. 

Cordially,

Iffa

0 Kudos
ChrisMatthieu
Employee

I reinstalled everything (V2.1).

When I run the first follow me tutorial (without gesture recognition (https://amrdocs.intel.com/docs/2.1/dev_guide/tutorials_amr/navigation/follow_me/Tutorials/followme-on-aaeon.html#run-demo), everything seems to run but ends abuptly with a ros2run: Segmentation fault.  See attached.

I seem to have better results with the follow me with gesture recognition tutorial (https://amrdocs.intel.com/docs/2.1/dev_guide/tutorials_amr/navigation/follow_me/Tutorials/followme-with-gesture-on-aaeon.html#run-demo-with-realsense-camera). No errors but it never seems to recognize the thumbs-up or thumbs down gesture; therefore /cmd_vel is always reporting 0 on all twist properties.

Three questions:

1. What could be causing the segmentation fault in the first demo?

2. What could be causing the gesture recognitions to fail?

3. Is there a way to run the second demo with without the gestures?

Thanks,

Chris

IMG_1942.jpeg

0 Kudos
ChrisMatthieu
Employee

Looking through the above logs, I see these messages related to gesture:

Custom gesture classifier is not defined.

https://gist.github.com/chrismatthieu/b9b264c3b619c1bef93113a8218c0097

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

From the image that you shared, it seems that the issue originates from your camera (Realsense) setup.

We'll further investigate this and get back to you with possible workaround.

Cordially,

Iffa

0 Kudos
ChrisMatthieu
Employee

I resolved the issue by commenting out the Aaeon robot controller (as it does not exist on my custom built robot) and reduced the complexity from 2 cameras to 1 camera in the bash script. 

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Hi,

Intel will no longer monitor this thread since this issue has been resolved. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question. 

Cordially,

Iffa

0 Kudos