Intel® Edge Software Hub
Get answers from community peers to your questions about building Edge Software Hub solutions for edge compute node.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community! If you like the answer to your question, please mark it as 'Accepted Solution' to help others.

The Edge Software Vision Package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is now available here.

Learn more about developing on Intel® Hardware and Software here.
407 Discussions

How Can I use all frame from basler camera?

Siyoung
New Contributor I

I'm using a basler camera and it's 227 fps.

But now inside eii, it drops below 30fps and the fps gets slower over time, how can I solve it?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusE_Intel

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Siyoung
New Contributor I

Siyoung_0-1700637011832.png

with this 'pipeline.json'

pixel-format=mono8’ parameter  -> 13.4fps,

with pixel-format=ycbcr422_8’ parameter -> 6.7fps.

but my camera has up to 227fps. 

How can I increase fps??

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi Siyoung

Thanks for raising the question, I wasn't able to find any reference to increasing FPS in the documentation.

Let me reach out to the development team for additional guidance.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Could you please share the model number of theBasler camera and what OS you are using?

If you are using a USB Basler camera, can check the USBFS limit on the system (increase to 1000MB)?

For pipeline part, can try increasing throughput value and decrease exposure-time.

Here is an example:

"gencamsrc serial=<DEVICE_SERIAL_NUMBER> pixel-format=ycbcr422_8 width=1920 height=1080 exposure-time=5000 exposure-mode=timed exposure-auto=off throughput-limit=300000000 name=source ! videoconvert ! video/x-raw,format=BGR ! appsink name=destination

0 Kudos
Siyoung
New Contributor I

I already have been incresed throughtput-limit.

frame increased, but only up to 25.

os is ubuntu 20.04 and camera is aca1440-220uc

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi Siyoung,

Could you try to run a test using ingestion mode only and see if the FPS improves?

Option 1:  Modify IEdgeInsights/builb/eii_config.json and start the services (docker-compose up -d). Please not that if builder.py is ran the changes will be lost.

Option 2: Modify IEdgeInsights/EdgeVideoAnalyticsMicroservice/eii/config.json and re-run the builder.py script

Option3: Modify based on ETCD UI, the changes reset if the services are stopped.

-DEV_MODE : access though http://localhost:7070/

-PROD_MODE: access though https://localhost:7071/

"udfs": [

{

"device": "CPU",

"name": "python.dummy",

"type": "python"

}

]

Could you also make sure your system meets the minimum system requirements?

Getting Started — EII Documentation v1.0 documentation (intel.com)

System Requirement

Details

Processor

8th generation Intel® CoreTM processor onwards with Intel® HD Graphics or Intel® Xeon® processor

RAM

Minimum 16 GB

Hard drive

Minimum 128 GB and Recommended 256 GB

Operating system

Ubuntu 20.04

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

0 Kudos