Intel® Edge Software Hub
Get answers from community peers to your questions about building Edge Software Hub solutions for edge compute node.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community! If you like the answer to your question, please mark it as 'Accepted Solution' to help others.

The Edge Software Vision Package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is now available here.

Learn more about developing on Intel® Hardware and Software here.

Intel ECI Kernel Build Error.

YOONJU
Novice

Hello

I build the Intel ECI kernel as "packages-jammy" and install it as a deb Package on Ubuntu 22.04.

But when I start building with packages-jammy, Fetcher Failure occurs like the attached Error message.

I wonder if it's a script problem.

We would be grateful if you could help us out of your busy schedule.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusE_Intel

Hi YOONJU,

The built error is related to a known issue with Edge Insights for Industrial, this is documented in the Known limitations section of the Edge Controls for Industrial v3.0.1 documentation. Hope this helps!

FAQs, Known Limitations, Support — ECI documentation (intel.com)

Limitation #7 - Building Edge Insights for Industrial packages

As of January 2023, Intel Edge Insights for Industrial packages no longer build since the public GitHub repositories have been removed. This limitation will be fixed in the next ECI release, but until then you can disable the packages to allow a full build to complete.

Mititagion Actions

1. Remove lines (#12 and #27) containing ec-plg-emb-dev and ec-plg-emb from targets/layers/meta-pubsub/meta-eci-pubsub-isar/recipes-core/packagegroup/eci-connectivity-ec-bridge.bb
  2. Remove the eci-inference.bbappend file from targets/layers/meta-intel-eii/meta-eci-eii-isar/recipes-core/packagegroups/.

Regards,

Jesus

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JesusE_Intel

Hi YOONJU,

The built error is related to a known issue with Edge Insights for Industrial, this is documented in the Known limitations section of the Edge Controls for Industrial v3.0.1 documentation. Hope this helps!

FAQs, Known Limitations, Support — ECI documentation (intel.com)

Limitation #7 - Building Edge Insights for Industrial packages

As of January 2023, Intel Edge Insights for Industrial packages no longer build since the public GitHub repositories have been removed. This limitation will be fixed in the next ECI release, but until then you can disable the packages to allow a full build to complete.

Mititagion Actions

1. Remove lines (#12 and #27) containing ec-plg-emb-dev and ec-plg-emb from targets/layers/meta-pubsub/meta-eci-pubsub-isar/recipes-core/packagegroup/eci-connectivity-ec-bridge.bb
  2. Remove the eci-inference.bbappend file from targets/layers/meta-intel-eii/meta-eci-eii-isar/recipes-core/packagegroups/.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
YOONJU
Novice

After applying the fix you mentioned, the build is working normally.
thank you.
It's been a huge help.
thank you

0 Kudos
YOONJU
Novice

i'm so sorry 

Another build error occurred. We are currently looking for the cause of the Error!

ERROR: systemd-git-r1 do_apt_fetch: ExecutionError('/build/tmp/work/eci-jammy-amd64/systemd/git-r1/temp/run.do_apt_fetch.29152', 100, None, None)

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /build/tmp/work/eci-jammy-amd64/systemd/git-r1/temp/log.do_apt_fetch.29152

I'm looking for it on my own, and I'm asking if there's anything I need to point out.

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi YOONJU,

I believe this is related to limitation #1 about the do_fetch errors, please try the mitigation actions and let me know if you continue to run into these issues.

When building ECI, the build process may fail due to do_fetch errors. These errors occur when the build engine is unable to reach external dependencies via the network. Most often, these errors occur due to network instability, broken mirrors, or proxy server instability.

Mitigation Actions

• It is recommended to avoid environments with network proxies and heavy network congestion.
  • Often, repeating the build process will eventually result in a complete build.
  • Outages and offline mirrors tend to be intermittent. Attempt the build again after waiting a few hours for the issues to subside.

Ref: FAQs, Known Limitations, Support — ECI documentation (intel.com)

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

0 Kudos