Intel® Embree Ray Tracing Kernels
Discussion forum on the open source ray tracing kernels for fast photo-realistic rendering on Intel® CPU(s)

Accessing the underlying primitives

Gerard_S_
Beginner

Hi!

I am using the EMBREE renderer for a research project I am doing where I want to visualise different aspects of the rendering process. For this I developed a OpenGL applications. One of the things I would like to do is have a separate view where one can inspect the scene. This would probably look like a wireframe. So it is similar to the wireframe view you can see in the tutorial, but I want it to be completely separate from ray tracing. The wireframe in the tutorial is created using the rays, but I basically want to do a simple drawing of the scene using some OpenGL directives. I am having trouble finding how to access the true primitives from the singleray device however. I see a lot of RTHandles (I would be interested in PrimitiveHandle) but am unsure how to use these to actually access the raw primitive.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Regards,

Gerard

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Gerard_S_
Beginner

Ah never mind, I managed to find it myself by adding a function the single ray device that extracts and returns a RTPrimitive's Shape and Primitive. 

0 Kudos