Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1182 Discussions

Arria 10 FPGA development board: license regeneration

jabeentamboli
Beginner

Hi,

We have a  Arria 10 FPGA development boards. We have generated the license as fixed node which is not used yet  and now we want to regenerate it as a floating license.  Please let me know how can I regenarate as floating license.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jeet14
Employee

Hi,

A one-year license for the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition design software is included with the purchase of the development kit. And this license is Fixed/Node-locked based.

This Node-locked license cannot be converted/transferred to Floating license.

If you are looking for floating license then you need to purchase new floating license. For this purchasing floating license please reach out to your local Altera-Intel sales/FAE.

Regards

Tiwari

0 Kudos
jabeentamboli
Beginner

Hi,

Because I have already generated it as a fixed license, so I cannot not have it as floating license?

Or do you mean by default we only get a fixed/node-locked license and floating license always has to purchased separately?

Kindly clarify.

Regards,

Jabeen

0 Kudos
Jeet14
Employee

Hi,

Yes, that correct. License coming along with the Development kits are Fixed/Node locked license.

For Floating license customers need to purchase separately.

Regards

Tiwari

0 Kudos
Jeet14
Employee

Hi,

I believe your inquiry has been answered. With that now, I transition this thread to community support. 

Thank you.

Best regards,

Tiwari

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

0 Kudos