Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
912 Discussions

Cannot generate license for DS-5 Community Edition

ittou
Beginner

I am using DE10-Nano to get started with Cyclone V. I have installed SoCEDS 18.1 (Standard) and would like to issue a license for DS-5 Community Edition. I'm clicking the link to get the activation code from the site below, but the link is 404.

https://fpgasoftware.intel.com/soceds/18.1/?edition=standard&platform=linux&download_manager=direct

When I go to the Arm site, the site asks for my serial number and Mac address, but I can't proceed because I don't have the serial number. How should I solve it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Yes, for Community Edition you could obtain an evaluation license, continue with steps 2 as provided in license setup.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Sir

Welcome to INTEL forum. For Arm DS-5 Community Edition you can refer link below

https://developer.arm.com/tools-and-software/embedded/legacy-tools/ds-5-development-studio/editions/...

ittou
Beginner

Hi,

This looks like the new DS-5. Should I install a new DS-5 without using the DS-5 installed with SoC EDS 18.1?

Also, should I remove the DS-5 installed with SoC EDS 18.1? Installing both DS-5s consumes a lot of storage,

so I would like to choose one DS-5 if possible.

I want to know the correct steps to build a development environment with SoC EDS 18.1 and the new DS-5.

Also, I would like to try the free Community Edition first.

Can I use this new DS-5 for free?

Best regards,

Best regards,

AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Yes, for Community Edition you could obtain an evaluation license, continue with steps 2 as provided in license setup.

AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hope everything is working well at your side. I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

convTecGM
Beginner

Hi, 

Is the the DS-5 Community Edition still viable and accessable?

I've tried to follow some steps,  trying to install the "