Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1155 Discussions

Errors Quartus while device and Questa plugin

shriram_INTL
Employee

Hi all,

Link the simulator's path to the EDA path settings. Since an error message appeared, it is incorrect, I 'm using EDA Guide as a reference

shriram_INTL_0-1661137441134.png

• Stratix 10: Device software has been downloaded; how should it be installed?    
    Stratix 10 I am using link as an reference to install the device 

shriram_INTL_1-1661137500780.png

- Alternate approach – via installer , I am still having issues

shriram_INTL_2-1661137541750.png

• Testbench: Execute testbench. EDA Guide .This is final step before I get above addressed 
    I am using Quartus Pro standard version 21.1 

Thank a lot
    Sriram

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

For the simulator, you need to provide the path of the directory containing the vsim.exe (for Windows).

To install the device, please specify the directory of the containing .qdz file. The file name is not required, as in your screen shot.

Regards

0 Kudos
shriram_INTL
Employee

I tried "C:\intelFPGA\21.1\questa_fse\win64\vsim.exe" but this doesn't work .

File sqrt_int16_nativelink_simulation.rpt is empty "0KB"

shriram_INTL_0-1661162540621.png

Also , I tried without *.qdz , Just directory i.e. without filename. still i don't have luck.

Thanks 
Sriram

0 Kudos
shriram_INTL
Employee

If you require further clarification or have additional suggestions, please contact me at malladi.sastry@intel.com. or you can share your contact info.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As discussed over call, the EDA path should be updated to the path containing vsim.exe. Example, 'C:/intelFPGA_pro/21.2/questa_fe/win64'

For the device installation, Stratix 10 device is supported by Quartus Pro Edition only. So, install the Quartus Pro Edition software first and then try installing the device .qdz file.

For more information of device wise Quartus support, refer to https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/support-resources/design-software/devices-support.html

Download the Quartus installation files from following link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/software-kit/734898/intel-quartus-prime-pro-edition-design-software-version-22-2-for-windows.html?

Closing the ticket for now. It will still be open for the community members to comment.

Regards

0 Kudos
shriram_INTL
Employee

Thanks a lot for your kind help. I can work now. 

best regards,

Shriram

0 Kudos