Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1153 Discussions

FlexLM license server for Quartus Standard. Current version is 11.16.2. I need to upgrade to 11.18.2

Mlitcofs
Beginner

Hi,

I have a running FlexLM license server version 11.16.2. I went to this location Flexlm License Daemons for Intel® FPGA Software and downloaded the latest 11.18.2.0 daemon files. I stopped the flexLM service then copied the new files to the install folder (overwriting the previous version of the files). I tried to start the service and it will not start. I reverted back to the old files and it starts fine. Am I missing a step?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AR_A_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
6 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to Intel forum. What do you mean by “service will not start” To further understand the issue, could you get me the:

·      Full Output of “lmutil lmstat –a –c <port>@<address>” server and client

·      LMTOOLS server status screenshot/error screenshot

For privacy, you can also reply/attach file in private message

0 Kudos
Mlitcofs
Beginner

The files attached are the current "Running" license daemon v11.16.2. I need to upgrade to v11.18.2. If I shutdown the Intel License Manager Windows service and copy the new daemon files to the FlexLM directory, the Windows service Intel license manager errors out.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

HI

Thanks for update. Could you first update your FlexLM License manager to latest version 11.18. here some useful link to refer https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-network-license-manager-for-windows.html?_ga=2.256482891.1511381821.1661418550-470234694.1646730365

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We have not heard from you and I hope that my last note clears up this matter and it can now be move forward. I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Mlitcofs
Beginner

Sorry, I was out of the office. I will try this upgrade tonight and let you know how it goes.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
Mlitcofs
Beginner

Update: I guess the issue was the OS version of our license server. The new Intel License Manager does not work on Windows 2016. I built a new Windows 2019 server and it is running as expected.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos