Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tanaka02
Beginner

How do I merge the floating license X of Quartus II managed by server A into the floating license Y of Quartus II managed by server B?

I added the contents of the license file for X with the host ID changed to B to the license file for Y, but it didn't work.

0 Kudos
10 Replies

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. It is not recommended to combine/merge Intel license.dat file as this act will corrupted the license.dat file. Some feature may work, and others may not.

We suggest that you regenerate the license file in Self-Service licensing center (SSLC) https://fpgasupport.intel.com/Licensing/license/index.html

Tanaka02
Beginner

Thank you for being late.

I cannot access the license center for some reason now, so I would like to check it as soon as I can.

May i know why, and could you provide the error message that reported?

Tanaka02
Beginner

I am now able to sign in to the License Center. Thank you.

How do I regenerate a license file?

1.Quartus II SE Floating / to 10/31/2020 / computerName / 1 License / manager-me

2.Quartus II SE Floating / to 10/31/2020 / mac-address / 1 License /  manager-another

a.The computerName in 1 and mac-address in 2 are from the same PC.

b.I would like to run licenses 1 and 2 on one PC. Can I merge and generate a license file for two licenses?

c.If not, can I run two license files for the same tool on a single PC?

StefMon
Beginner

@Tanaka02 Did you ever solve this? The Intel support does not appear to understand your question, and I have the exact same problem.
Tanaka02
Beginner

Sorry for the late response.
I am no longer in charge of the license server.
As far as I can remember, I contacted Intel support directly to create and send the merged license.
I'm sorry I can't be of much help.

StefMon
Beginner

No worries, thanks for the answer, I'll try the same strategy! BR

StefMon
Beginner

I'm very sorry for hijacking an old subject, but I have the exact same issue, and could not find a satisfying answer to the problem. We also have two licenses administered by two different people that we need to merge, or at least run on the same server, is there a way (official or unofficial) to do this? or to merge our licensing accounts to generate a new file? Or at the very least a phone number to call?

Hi StefMon

This case is duplicate from forum # 04995401 on the same request. Therefore, I’m suggest closing this Case and continue with Case# 04995401