Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1143 Discussions

How to setup Questa Sim license file

lcoon1981
New Contributor I

Hi,

How to setup Questa Sim license file in Windows 10? Encountered below error when try to launch the tool.

lcoon1981_0-1658736342027.png

Your help is much appreciated.

1 Solution
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that I have provided in private message mail. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

View solution in original post

12 Replies
lcoon1981
New Contributor I

To provide more information.

The eval license should support the Questa.

lcoon1981_0-1658738618249.png

Also, I did setup the both LM_LICENSE_FILE and MGLS_LICENSE_FILE in the "System Variables", to the License.dat file.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Could you help re-confirm your environment variable setup again? You need to set your LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable to point to the license that Intel provides. c:\intel\license.dat or something similar.

You can refer to link on how to set environment variable.

To make this entry, you may perform a windows Search for "System Variables" and then click on "Edit the System Environment Variables" and then click "Environment Variables". Be aware that you must add the entry in System variables, not user variables.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683472/21-4/environment-variables.html          

Specifying the License for the Questa

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683472/21-4/specifying-the-license-for-the-software.html  

Please note that you need to add the license file name to the environment variable path, not just the directory.

0 Kudos
lcoon1981
New Contributor I

Hi,

Here is the snapshot of my setup. I think it is correct. Can you help to check?

lcoon1981_1-1658895451982.png

0 Kudos
lcoon1981
New Contributor I

Hi,

Is there any update? Is my LM_LICENSE_FILE setup correct in the System variables?

0 Kudos
Sahil_Honeywell
New Contributor I

I am having the exact same issue. I changed the Environment Variables as per instructions but still having same problems.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

@Sahil_Honeywell@lcoon1981 . Could you provide details for checking?

License.dat file:

Name :

Email Address :

Company Name :

Company Address :

NICID(Mac Add) :

For privacy, reply/attach file in private message.

0 Kudos
Sahil_Honeywell
New Contributor I

License.dat file: (Attached in zip file)

Name : Sahil Bhat

Email Address : Sahil.Bhat@Honeywell.com

Company Name : Honeywell 

Company Address : 2101 City West Blvd Houston TX 77042

NICID(Mac Add) : 98-E7-43-7A-1A-AE

0 Kudos
lcoon1981
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We PM you another private message. Hope you received it. 

Sahil_Honeywell
New Contributor I

Not received any message. Inbox is empty. 

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Done PM another message to @Sahil_Honeywell

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that I have provided in private message mail. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you