Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1153 Discussions

IP-NIOS, Licensing, Distributors in Europe

TheRealPaulie
Beginner

Hi!

I ordered an IP-NIOS license. Here is my experience with it:

- there is absolutely no Intel office in Europe where I can call or write and to discuss with a "human person"  and ask her/him questions about the product

- there is nothing like the old "Altera Europe" office in Europe anymore

- I sent a Intel Premium Support request and it was denied. We are a small company but still a company.... great!

- I searched for Distributors in Europe for INTEL-FPGA products and related products and I got only:

1. digikey - FPGA, CPLD but no Licenses

2. arrow - FPGA, CPLD, they offer licenses but IP-NIOS is not in stock and cannot be ordered

3. mouser - FPGA, CPLD and licenses. I order it 2 weeks ago. Order status after 2 weeks for a downloadable license: "pending"!!  I'm spamming mouser with emails and by phone requesting at least a delivery date and all I get is: "we get no information back from Intel"

And I need as soon as possible the IP-NIOS license for a demo unit which is going to be sent to a potential customer.

Further in this design we  will need a new package/license from Intel which is way more expensive than IP-NIOS and less documented. We are completely in the dark about it: technical and purchasing.

What is your experience with  Intel support and purchasing from them? Do you have some advice for me?

Regards,

Paul

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TheRealPaulie
Beginner

30 mins after my post from above I got the email with the license from Intel. Maybe it was a coincidence.

If it was not a coincidence: thank you guys.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. Hope everything is well and the license is working on your side. We apologize for any inconvenience during forum usage. If you need any more clarification, please let me know. Otherwise, I will transition this thread to community support and the community users will continue to help you on this thread.

If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Thank you.

0 Kudos