Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1182 Discussions

Need Help:QuestaSim Simulation report "Invalid license environment" with a valid license file.

javen1122
Beginner

Hi,

I'm having a valid license for the Quartus 23.4 from FAE. I could open the quartus software GUI successfully but could not open the QuestaSim.Are there any configuration errors with my environment variable ?The environment parameter configuration as follow(set_env_param_1.sh):

1.png

The license file as:

2.jpg

When I source the env file,it report error as:

3.png

if I enter qpro command, the quartus GUI would be opened with no license question.Why Questasim could not?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Welcome to Intel forum. Could you help re-confirm your environment variable setup again? But before setting up Questa, would you kindly help check, whether your machine is supported or not (OS) by referring to link below:

https://www.altera.com/support/support-resources/download/os-support.html   

You need to set your LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable to point to the license that Intel provides. c:\intel\license.dat or something similar.

You can refer to link on how to set environment variable.

To make this entry, you may perform a windows Search for "System Variables" and then click on "Edit the System Environment Variables" and then click "Environment Variables". Be aware that you must add the entry in System variables, not user variables.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683472/21-4/environment-variables.html       

0 Kudos
javen1122
Beginner

Thans for your help.I re-applied a new license file for Questa, the expiration date was a year.Now,The problem is solved and it works well.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We haven't received a response from you, and I trust that my previous message has clarified any concerns or confusion. I'll now transfer this conversation to community support. If you have any new inquiries, feel free to initiate a new thread for assistance from Intel experts. Otherwise, community members are available to support you in this ongoing discussion. Thank you.

0 Kudos