Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1154 Discussions

Need License file for Quartus II subscription edition softare

Sri_yerr
Beginner

Hello

We have bought a new Stratix V GX SI eval kit. It should come with a Quartus II software license. When I am entering the S/N of this product in the license request page. It is giving me an error. Could someone please address this issue?

We are waiting on very time-sensitive deadlines based on this Eval kit. Your timely response will be appreciated

Thank you

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Sir

Welcome to INTEL forum. Could you provide the following for checking?

Name:

Email Address:

Company/University Name:

Dev kit OPN :

Serial Number :

A copy of invoice that shows time and date of purchase. You can reply/attach your file in private message.

0 Kudos
Sri_yerr
Beginner

Hi,

Please see the below information.

Name: Srikanth Yerra

Email Address: syerra2@central.uh.edu

Company/University Name: University of Houston

Dev kit OPN :DK-SI-5SGXEA7N

Serial Number :5SGXI000446.

Date of purchase: 27-Mar-2020

We have purchased it through mouser and we got this receipt. Hope it will help. Please find the attached image of OPN and serial number information

Thank you

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Based on my understanding, development kit comes with a serial number that is stated either on the box or a customer letter. Basically, a License Activation Code is a (14 alphanumerical Code from Email Confirmation). This code will activate your license in SSLC. You can check with the dealer where you purchased the development kit.

You may proceed to create the new license file. If the license is not visible, the serial number will be the activation code for you to activate the license.

refer to our user guide.

https://www.altera.com/content/dam/altera-www/global/en_US/pdfs/education/demonstrations/online/licensing/how-to-activate-license.pdf  

0 Kudos
Sri_yerr
Beginner
Hi,

I have tried that process. The same was mentioned in the user guide of this kit. In the user guide it was mentioned to create license using serial number. But when I enter the serial number it gave me the message saying could not find it. I have sent my serial number information to you as well. Could you try and see why that serial number is not working. I guess as an employee you can generate the license file if that serial number is correct. Please let me know what’s going on with that serial number. Or any other alternative way to make this thing running.

Thank you
0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

We are checking further with customer service team, we will get back to you with an update.

0 Kudos
Sri_yerr
Beginner
University of Houston
4726 Calhoun Rd.
Electrical Engineering 1, N308 Houston, TX 77204
United States 713-743-4400
0 Kudos
Sri_yerr
Beginner
Hi,

May I know if there is any update.

Thanks
0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Apologize for the delay in respond as I’m out of office during public holiday here. Our customer service team has help activate the license. kindly get syerra2@central.uh.edu to generate a license file.

Guidance: https://www.altera.com/support/training/demonstrations/online/licensing/onl-licensing.html --> Create new license

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos