Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.

No valid license for CoreDLA found

ManuDwivedi
Novice

Hello,

I have the Intel Premier Pro and building the bitstream for the example as per the instructions from
Intel FPGA AI Suite for Arria10 SoC DevKit, section 3.3.2. Building the FPGA Bitstreams.

I have openVINO v2022.2
FPGA AI Suite v2023.3
Intel Quartus Prime Pro v2023.3

I have the evaluation license for 90 days which has allowed me to build the bitstream in the past:

However:
dla_build_example_design.py -ed 4_A10_S2M -n 1 -a /opt/intel/fpga_ai_suite_2023.3/dla/example_architectures/A10_Performance.arch --build --build-dir $COREDLA_WORK/a10_perf_bitstream --output-dir $COREDLA_WORK/a10_perf_bitstream

===============================================================
Starting CoreDLA Example Design Instantiation Script
===============================================================

Creating IP for architecture: 'A10_Performance'

Running: /opt/intel/fpga_ai_suite_2023.3/dla/bin/dla_create_ip --flow create_ip --arch /opt/intel/fpga_ai_suite_2023.3/dla/example_architectures/A10_Performance.arch --ip_dir /home/tiami-manu/coredla_work/a10_perf_bitstream/coredla_ip

======================================================
Querying quartus for default LICENSE_FILE option
======================================================

===================================================================================================================================================================================
Querying lmutil for CoreDLA license status using license(s): /opt/intel/intelFPGA_pro/licenses/LR-156258_License.dat;/opt/intel/intelFPGA_pro/licenses/LR-156282_License.dat

===================================================================================================================================================================================

=========================================
No valid license for CoreDLA found.
=========================================

==================================
Building unlicensed version.
==================================

============================
Start IP Creation Flow
============================

Generate file path /home/tiami-manu/coredla_work/a10_perf_bitstream/coredla_ip/intel_ai_ip/verilog/A10_Performance_A10

==========================
IP Creation finished
==========================

Running: bash create_project.bash A10_Performance_A10 /home/tiami-manu/coredla_work/a10_perf_bitstream/coredla_ip from /home/tiami-manu/coredla_work/a10_perf_bitstream/hw

INFO: Quartus Version = 23.3.0
INFO: Creating Platform Designer System
create_project.bash: line 43: qsys-script: command not found
sed: can't read *.qsys: No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove 'system.qpf': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove 'system.qsf': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove 'qdb': No such file or directory
create_project.bash: line 56: qsys-generate: command not found
qsys file not found /home/tiami-manu/coredla_work/a10_perf_bitstream/hw/qsys/dla.qsys
Usage:
build_stream_controller.sh <quartus_project_file> <qsys_file> <destination_hex_file>
FATAL : Failed to create NIOS software image
Command Failed bash create_project.bash A10_Performance_A10 /home/tiami-manu/coredla_work/a10_perf_bitstream/coredla_ip

Says that I do not have a valid CoreDLA license even though my license manager tool lists FPGA AI suite 018B in there. It is also unable to find .qsys apparently which is also odd.

I noticed a few things on this fresh install:

I am not able to just invoke quartus command in the terminal
I have to run it from ./opt/intel/intelFPGA_pro/quartus/bin/quartus

Please advise on any resolution.

Thanks,
Manu

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ManuDwivedi
Novice

Hello! I was able to solve it myself, the issue was as simple as Quartus not being in $PATH.  Which was given away because I wasn't able to invoke the quartus command and had to run it directly from ./opt/intel/intelFPGA_pro/quartus/bin/quartus.

export $PATH=$PATH:
/opt/intel/intelFPGA_pro/quartus/bin/ does the trick.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Welcome to INTEL forum.  Could you provide details for checking?

Name: 

Email Address:

Company Name: 

Company Address: 

HOSTID/NICID:

could you also attach.

•           license.dat file?

•           assembler report .asm.rpt file?

For privacy, reply/attach file in private message.

0 Kudos
ManuDwivedi
Novice

Hello! I was able to solve it myself, the issue was as simple as Quartus not being in $PATH.  Which was given away because I wasn't able to invoke the quartus command and had to run it directly from ./opt/intel/intelFPGA_pro/quartus/bin/quartus.

export $PATH=$PATH:
/opt/intel/intelFPGA_pro/quartus/bin/ does the trick.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We are glad that you have found the solution for this issue and hope all is well. I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos