Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1175 Discussions

Quartus 13.1 including Signal Tap License

JonasHB
Beginner

Hello,

is there any overview over the license models and costs for Quartus 13?

Kind regards

Jonas

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

Quartus 13.1 has bee EOL. May I know what device are you using?

If you are using legacy device such as MAXV, Cyclone V etc, you can use Quartus Lite edition without license.

Signaltap dont need license to use. The tool comes with all Quartus versions and totally free to use.

link : https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/details/fpga/development-tools/quartus-prime/resource.html

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos
JonasHB
Beginner

Ah, I should have used the horizontal scrollbar to read this error message to the end...:

Error (265013): Can't open SignalTap II Logic Analyzer. Verify that the license file exists and is stored in the correct location. If you are using the Quartus II Web Edition software, you must turn on the TalkBack feature to use the SignalTap II Logic Analyzer.

It's really a mess that I need to use this old version for our Cyclone iii designs. This already made trouble in the toolchain when using additional tools like Mentor HDL Designer or Precision.

Or is there a way to get the new versions running for the Cyclone iii?

I don't know what I should think about this TalkBack feature, so I would still be interested in the license models for the old version, can't find them in your link!

Kind regards

Jonas

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

To obtain earlier versions of Quartus, could you please provide more details so that we can offer further assistance in guiding you through the download process?

Name :

Email Address :

Company Name :

Company Address :

The CNDA number with INTEL:

Quartus version request:

For privacy, reply/attach file in private message.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We have not heard from you and It is not recommended to keep a Case idle too long without activities. I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos