Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1143 Discussions

Quartus II Web Edition ver 9.0

MBARI-LJC
Novice
Greetings -

I am requesting a copy of the Quartus II Web Edition software to support a legacy Altera Flex device. I am specifically requesting version 9.0 and all service packs.

This tool was recently removed from your website (see Advisory ADV2011, link below).

Please advise. It’s imperative we be able to obtain this software.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Kenny_Tan

For your information:

–Version 13.0 and below is discontinued and not available for download. Refer ADV2011: Discontinuance of Selected Intel Quartus II Software Subscription & Web Editions.

–Discontinued versions do not include latest functional and security updates, and will not be updated. Intel recommends customers to migrate to supported versions.

–Please contact your Intel sales person for more information.

Let me know if you unable to reach them?

0 Kudos
Superglob
Novice

Intel has been absolutely abysmal in remotely helping me with this issue as well. Instead referring me to the forum (already posted a similar ticket) and telling me to set up a premium account.

I understand that they want to push people towards new products but they're blatantly ignoring any other requests.

Anyone have a dropbox / google drive link with 9.0sp2 they can share?

Thanks!

Kenny_Tan

can you check your email inbox? We would like to understand more from your situation. Did you manage to contact the Intel Sales team?

0 Kudos
Superglob
Novice

Hey Kenny!

Hey Kenny! Thanks for taking the time to reply. I checked and got two identical boilerplate messages (below). I don't want to get upsold to get an older version. I just need the web / free version of Quartus 9.0sp2, as a lot of other people have been asking for.

It's the last version that supports EPF10k10 devices AND has the built-in-simulator. Considering it's free, I don't understand why all of a sudden this becomes a 'premium issue'.

Any help appreciated...

Best,

Superglob

"For Quartus support, please post your questions on the Intel Community in the “FPGA Design Tools Forum”:

https://forums.intel.com/s/topic/0TO0P000000MWKAWA4/fpga-design-tools?language=en_US 

Another option will be to submit an IPS ticket by following the steps below:

You may create your My Intel account by going to the Sign-in page here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/my-intel/fpga-sign-in.html?redirect=/content/www/us/en/secure/my-intel/dashboard.html 

1. Click Register now for a Premier account. 

2. Enter or confirm your personal information, select a password, complete the enrollment questions section, agree to the Terms and Condition, and click Submit.

Your account request will need to be validated and is subject to approval. An email notification will be sent to you if the account has been approved.

Once your customer account is approved, the “Intel Premier Support” button will be visible in the My Intel dashboard under the My Support section. "

0 Kudos
MBARI-LJC
Novice

Hello Kenny -

Many thanks for responding.

Yes, we have contacted Intel Sales and there’s absolutely no interest in helping - they simply say upgrade to a newer part!

I need to locate the two service packs for Quartus II Web Edition Version 9.0. Here’s the file info (size and name) for the two service packs.

1,429,537,585 90sp1_quartus_free.exe
1,412,784,786 90sp2_quartus_free.exe

I hope you are able to get better results than we have.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
MBARI-LJC
Novice

I’ve located a copy of Quartus II v9.0 SP2 Web Edition. Feel free to send me a message.

ZKhan1
Novice

Hi MBARI-LJC,

I also need quratus 9.0 , can share with the link to download it .

my email : asimghr@gmail.com

Regards , 

Ahmed Asim Ghouri 

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

We are sorry for that, I contacted the Intel marketing. They mention that:

----------------------------------------------------

When devices go EOL they are also slated to be removed from Quartus.

We generally give sufficient notice to customers (usually a year) that a device and support for the devices will be EOL.

----------------------------------------------------

Discontinued versions do not include latest functional and security updates and will not be updated. Intel recommends customers to migrate to supported versions.

You may try get other communities help for this. The above is official for Intel, we are sorry to inform this.

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that we have provided. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

0 Kudos