Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1143 Discussions

Quartus Prime Pro 19.3 installation hangs

gbassi
Novice

Hi all,

while installing Quartus Prime Pro version 19.3 I noticed that the installer hangs at the same point, not completing the installation. Please see the attachment.

I tried to install only the minimal Quartus packets (QuartusProSetup-19.3.0.222-linux.run and QuartusProSetup-part2-19.3.0.222-linux.run) as suggested here but it doesn't solve the issue.

I am currently running on this system:

Platform: linux64
OS name: Ubuntu 16.04.6
OS version: 16

Has anyone encountered a similar issue?

Thank you

Best regards,

Giovanni

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RichardTanSY_Intel

Try checking whether your hardware and software requirement has been met. Ensure that you have enough free disk space to contain copies of uncompressed version installation files. 

You could try to download and install the latest Quartus Pro version 20.3 to see if the issue persists. Temporary turning off your antivirus software may help. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

Try checking whether your hardware and software requirement has been met. Ensure that you have enough free disk space to contain copies of uncompressed version installation files. 

You could try to download and install the latest Quartus Pro version 20.3 to see if the issue persists. Temporary turning off your antivirus software may help. 

0 Kudos
gbassi
Novice

Thank you for the answer!

Hardware and software requirement has been met. I have also checked disk space availability. 

Quartus Pro version 20.3 installation went ok, the issue seems related to the 19.3 version.

0 Kudos