Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1164 Discussions

Quartus and Questa support of LMADMIN Flexnet software

UmarM
Novice

Hi,

Kindly can someone please specify that if we can use LMADMIN flexnet software with Intel FPGA software products i.e. Quartus and Questa. This would require daemon that supports lmadmin instead of lmgrd.

If yes then can the link be shared from where I can get it and also the compatible version with lmadmin version 11.19.x.

Thanks,

Umar

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to Intel forum. Based on my understanding, LMADMIN doesn't provide comprehensive support for FPGA software products. This is because Questa relies on the mgcld daemon, Quartus uses the alterad daemon, and the ARM features within the ARM Development Suite utilize the armlmd daemon. Therefore, each of these software tools requires specific daemons for license management, which LMADMIN may not fully accommodate. You may refer here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683472/23-4/server-vendor-and-use-server-lines.html

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We haven't received a response from you, and I trust that my previous message has clarified any concerns or confusion. I'll now transfer this conversation to community support. If you have any new inquiries, feel free to initiate a new thread for assistance from Intel experts. Otherwise, community members are available to support you in this ongoing discussion. Thank you.

0 Kudos