Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1155 Discussions

Simulation waveform editor of Quartus 19.1 problem

EMona89
Beginner

Why in using the "Simulation waveform editor" of Quartus 19.1 gives me that the excutable file of modsim is not found. I don't want to use modelsim, I want to use .vwf files to run the simulation.

Must I install Modelsim also?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

Go to Assignments > Setting > EDA Tool Settings, then specify the simulation tool used in your Quartus project. 

By default, it was selected as Modelsim. Do note that you can only select simulator tools supported by Quartus. 

Capture.PNG

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

0 Kudos
EMona89
Beginner

What should I select to simulate the (.vwf) files?

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

You select the simulator (supported by Quartus) that you need to simulate the (.vwf) files.

You may need to set the path to the simulator executables specified in the Quartus tool under Tools > Options >EDA Tool Options

Though, Intel highly recommend to use Modelsim-Intel Edition for use with the Simulation Waveform Editor. 

Capture.PNG

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

0 Kudos