Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

rehosting licence

MZure
Beginner

Hello,

we changed physical server.

I changed Computer Name and Primary Computer ID (NIC) in Self Service Licensing Center. I cant get renewals license.

I am attaching a print screen.

What I doing bad?

Thank you

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Sir

Welcome to INTEL forum. Software and IP licenses can be transferred to a different PC/server by going to the Create New License section on the Self-Service Licensing Center by license admin only and this is call rehosting license. Could you help to rehost again you license and see how things go. Rehosting step,

https://fpgasupport.intel.com/Licensing/license/index.html  (Licensing Center Home) 

Step 1: Click the Self Service Licensing Center link

Step 2: Select Computers and License Files tab

Step 3: Select the Host ID to change by clicking the pencil icon in the Update Computer

column.

Step 4: Change the Host ID or any field value displayed on the screen. However, a change of

Host ID will only be considered as re-host.

Step 5: Click Submit button

Guidance: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/training/demonstrations/online/licensin...  --> Rehosting Your License Demo

Hope this help

MZure
Beginner

Hello,

this is the procedure I did and described above. However, this does not solve the actual update of the license file, which I cannot generate.
Licensing Center Home --> tab: Computers and License Files --> I select hostname with updated hostname and NIC --> button: Get License --> Message: There are no product licenses assigned to this computer

How do I get a new license file, please?

Our department can't work

AR_A_Intel
Employee

For further checking kindly advise the following.

Name :

Email Address :

Company Name :

Company Address :

License .dat file :

OLD and NEW NICID(Mac Add) :

You can also reply/attach your file in private message.

MZure
Beginner

Hello,

I replied in a private message last week.

You can see print screen email header below

MZure to
‎07-09-2020 06:26 AM
Re:rehosting licence

What is the progress please?
Thank you

Martin

AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Sir

We reply you a private message

AR_A_Intel
Employee

We have not heard from you and I hope that my last note in privet message clears up this matter. I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.