Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
1174 Discussions

Access restrictions for students outside North America

RMehr1
Novice

Hello,

in light of remote access and online classrooms, which has become a norm in most universities, are there any export/access restrictions for students working online outside North America?
1- Limitations for software download (e.g. Quartus) from their home country. Is there a list of countries with no access?

2- For software installed on University owned equipment (VM or cloud), are there any restrictions for student/faculty connecting to them from outside North America? If so, which countries are prohibited?

I am sure this question affects many universities, so we will appreciate your clarification.

best wishes,

Roozbeh Mehrabadi,

Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
University of British Columbia

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SyafieqS

Hi Roozbeh,

1. No, everyone can access and download it.

2. No, as long as they are in the same domain/network surely there must be a bit issue with latency to access it but that is not too much the concern I would say.

But if you have any issue related to this let me know. 

Thanks,

Regards

View solution in original post

2 Replies
SyafieqS

Hi Roozbeh,

1. No, everyone can access and download it.

2. No, as long as they are in the same domain/network surely there must be a bit issue with latency to access it but that is not too much the concern I would say.

But if you have any issue related to this let me know. 

Thanks,

Regards

RMehr1
Novice

Thank you for clarifying this. We are concerned that some vendors may limit student access to their software to comply with federal export restriction rules to some countries.

best wishes

0 Kudos