Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
1180 Discussions

DE2 USB Blaster Not recognized

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The issue I'm having is when i connect my DE2 board to my computer it doesn't recognize any new hardware.  

It was working perfectly for a while and i was able to upload programs using both JTag and Active Serial, but after one random upload it no longer worked. When I disocnnect the USB cable i dont get the normal noise that you get when you diconnect a usb device and same goes for when i plug it back in. It seems to have completely stopped recognizing the board. I've tried another computer at school and it wouldn't recognize there either. I am at a loss as to what could have caused this.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You say that the USB cable is no longer recognized, even if you use a different PC? 

I would guess your USB cable is broken. Do you have any chance to try another USB cable? 

cheers, 

Alex 

edit:  

OH, so the board itself is not shown in the programmer.  

But your USB cable does work with the board of your classmate? 

Seems you killed the board itself. If you are student and the board is poperty of your university, don't worry too much. Just ask your Prof. for another board. 

Universitys usually get those boards pretty cheap. 

I don't know if there is a way to reset the board to the standard test program. I think not because you have used active serial programming already. 

Maybe you send a reply to Altera support and ask for their help. 

Good Luck!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I did borrow a class mates cable and tried it with his and still didn't recognize the board.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Is there some way to reset the board to factory defaults? Maybe that would fix the issue in case i accidentally changed some setting on the board. (Whether that is possible or such settings even exist I do not know)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

have you tried to reinstall the quartus or nios software?? 

that might help...
0 Kudos