Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
1098 Discussions

Error Message from schematic compilation

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello I am using the web edition of Quartus 2. I am getting the following error when I try to compile a simple logic schematic. 

*** Fatal Error: Access Violation at 0X00FC4DF4 

Module: quartus_map.exe 

Stack Trace: 

0x4DF4 : QTL_ZOFSTREAM::close + 0x34 (ccl_qtl) 

0x55F15 : sgn_qic_helper + 0x4A2C5 (synth_sgn) 

End-trace 

Any help is appreciated thank you.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hello I am using the web edition of Quartus 2  

--- Quote End ---  

I think you should download more modern version quartus web edition (https://www.altera.com/support/software/download/altera_design/quartus_we/dnl-quartus_we.jsp)
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The latest Web Edition is Quartus II V9.0 SP2 

So it is not realy clear what Quartus version Blue1440 uses as Quartus 2 could mean Quartus II, the oldest Quartus version i know is Quartus II V2.2 dated somewhere around 2003 

But i agree it should be mostl likely the latest version
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am using Quartus II 9.0sp2 web edition. I can compile regular vhdl hdl and other general projects but the schematic entry is not compiling. I still do not know what the problem is. Even if I just put an input pin connected to an output pin the same error occurs.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

what is the path to your project? be sure to work in a structure that doesn't approach 256 characters, something more like c:\work\altera.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

That was funny...did not realize I had such a long file extension. That fixed the problem, thanks for you help.