Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
1082 Discussions

I have a question about verilog!

BlackByte10xy
Beginner

Hello,

I have a compile error in quartus II when I try to do a counter with asynchronous reset. The error comes from the sensitivity list of the always process. The part of the code is as follows:

/----------

always @ ( posedge iCLK, iRST_n )
begin
     if ( iRST_n == 0 )

oCOUNT = 0;

else

/----------

The error that the quartus II gives me is the following:

Error (10122): Verilog HDL Event Control error at contador.v(54): mixed single- and double-edge expressions are not supported

/----------

The question is: How can I implement an asynchronous reset on a counter in verilog?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

You may checkout the webpage below to help you on the Verilog design.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/design-examples/desig....

Other than that, our Quartus tool has a variety of Verilog design template in which you can just pop it into your project and use it right away.

Example:
In the new created Verilog .v file, right-click on the black space to opens the context menu, scroll to Insert Template, a window Insert Template will pop up, choose Verilog HDL > Full Designs > Counters > Binary Counter.

RichardTanSY_Intel

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.