Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

Newbie Needs Help please

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

I was trying to simulate my design. It compiled fine and I actually downloaded to the DE2-115 board and it worked as expected. When I try to simulate the design I keep getting this message. The problem seems to be in the error message at the bottom but I can not figure out what to do. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you 

Determining the location of the ModelSim executable... 

Using: c:/intelfpga_lite/17.0/modelsim_ase/win32aloem/ 

To specify a ModelSim executable directory, select: Tools -> Options -> EDA Tool Options 

Note: if both ModelSim-Altera and ModelSim executables are available, ModelSim-Altera will be used. 

**** generating the modelsim testbench **** 

quartus_eda --gen_testbench --tool=modelsim_oem --format=vhdl --write_settings_files=off dummy -c dummy --vector_source="c:/users/marcu/desktop/fall 2017/advanced digital design/de2-115 projects/before_class_projects/dummy/waveform.vwf" --testbench_file="c:/users/marcu/desktop/fall 2017/advanced digital design/de2-115 projects/before_class_projects/dummy/simulation/qsim/waveform.vwf.vht" 

Info: ******************************************************************* 

Info: Running Quartus Prime EDA Netlist Writer 

Info: Version 17.0.0 Build 595 04/25/2017 SJ Lite Edition 

Info: Copyright (C) 2017 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved. 

Info: Your use of Intel Corporation's design tools, logic functions 

Info: and other software and tools, and its AMPP partner logic 

Info: functions, and any output files from any of the foregoing 

Info: (including device programming or simulation files), and any 

Info: associated documentation or information are expressly subject 

Info: to the terms and conditions of the Intel Program License 

Info: Subscription Agreement, the Intel Quartus Prime License Agreement, 

Info: the Intel MegaCore Function License Agreement, or other 

Info: applicable license agreement, including, without limitation, 

Info: that your use is for the sole purpose of programming logic 

Info: devices manufactured by Intel and sold by Intel or its 

Info: authorized distributors. Please refer to the applicable 

Info: agreement for further details. 

Info: Processing started: Mon Sep 04 11:45:46 2017 

Info: Command: quartus_eda --gen_testbench --tool=modelsim_oem --format=vhdl --write_settings_files=off dummy -c dummy --vector_source="C:/Users/marcu/Desktop/Fall 2017/Advanced Digital Design/DE2-115 Projects/Before_Class_Projects/dummy/Waveform.vwf" --testbench_file="C:/Users/marcu/Desktop/Fall 2017/Advanced Digital Design/DE2-115 Projects/Before_Class_Projects/dummy/simulation/qsim/Waveform.vwf.vht" 

Warning (18236): Number of processors has not been specified which may cause overloading on shared machines. Set the global assignment NUM_PARALLEL_PROCESSORS in your QSF to an appropriate value for best performance. 

error (199014): vector source file c:/users/marcu/desktop/fall 2017/advanced digital design/de2-115 projects/before_class_projects/dummy/waveform.vwf specified with --testbench_vector_input_file option does not exist 

error: quartus prime eda netlist writer was unsuccessful. 1 error, 1 warning 

error: peak virtual memory: 521 megabytes 

error: processing ended: mon sep 04 11:45:47 2017 

error: elapsed time: 00:00:01 

error: total cpu time (on all processors): 00:00:01 

error.
0 Kudos
0 Replies