Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
1082 Discussions

Problem Installing cyclone V Device on Quartus prime standarad edition 20.1

Qazi_Shahid
New Contributor I

I have recently installed Quartus standard edition 20.1 on Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS.

After adding the path to cyclone v file to install the device, following error dialog box appeared .

First the error_window appeared and after clicking the okay button. the next error window opened.

After that it promoted for a reboot, but after reboot it asked for the license file again and then showed no device installed.

Kindly look into it.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Qazi_Shahid
New Contributor I

I have also checked the directory /home/.altera.quartus/

and there is only quartus2.qreg file in that directory and no .INI file are present there.

SyafieqS

Hi Qazi,

Could you install following libraries?

Install libc6:i386, libncurses5:i386, libxtst6:i386, libxft2:i386, libstdc+

+6:i386, libc6-dev-i386, lib32z1, lib32ncurses5, lib32bz2-1.0, and libpng12

libraries.

Note: • For Ubuntu 18.04, additionally install libqt5xml5 and liblzma-dev libraries.

Once done, reinstall Quartus Prime. You may need to refer to document below related to 

Intel® FPGA Software Installation and Licensing. Please follow all the procedures that should be good already.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/manual/quartus_install.pdf

Then make sure the device .qdz file is in same directory with Quartus installer. Install the device support.

Thanks,

Regards

SyafieqS

Hi Qazi,

Any updates?