Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
1175 Discussions

Problem using TRDB-D5M Camera with SOPC Builder

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm trying to use the TRDB-D5M camera connected to a DE2-115 with the UP video design examples. However I can't achieve what the example design file contained in following folder is supposed to do: 

IP_Core_Demos\Video_Demos_using_SOPC_Builder\DE2-115\Example_4_Video_In  

The main modifications that I made in SOPC builder is to change the input of the 'Video-In Decoder' core to THDB_D5M camera, add 'Bayer Pattern Resampler', use 'Scaler' and 'Clipper' components to match VGA 640 x 480 specifications. The system was generated successfully. 

Then I added the following lines to the main example_4_video_in.v file to be able to read from the camera: 

.PIXEL_CLK_to_the_Video_In_Decoder(PIXEL_CLK), 

.FRAME_VALID_to_the_Video_In_Decoder(FRAME_VALID), 

.LINE_VALID_to_the_Video_In_Decoder(LINE_VALID), 

.PIXEL_DATA_to_the_Video_In_Decoder (PIXEL_DATA), 

This compiled without errors too. But when I download the .sof to the board, I don't get any display on the VGA output. Am I missing something there?  

I can see that the 'Video-In Decoder' component has option THDB_D5M but the camera is called TRDB_D5m. Could that be a reason?  

The camera system CD has an example file which works fine, but it does not make use of SOPC. I would like the video source to be an SOPC component. Has anybody used this camera in this way?
0 Kudos
25 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Evired, Can you help me the way you config Audio and Video Config IP. I dont know how to config it!

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am able to implement the video streaming system on Qsys. 

The issue is, I am getting the video upside down. It seems you also faced the same issue. 

Are you able to resolve it. 

Any help will be really appreciated.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, Guys.  

i am working on video processing using d5m camera with de2-70. i am using qsys generation and nios 2 c code programming but i found a problem that altera does not hv pin planner pin for camera_if port. Is it a must to use verilog code to perform d5m camera set up?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, Guys.  

i am working on video processing using d5m camera with de2-70. i am using qsys generation and nios 2 c code programming but i found a problem that altera does not hv pin planner pin for camera_if port. Is it a must to use verilog code to perform d5m camera set up?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You might want to have a TRDB-D5M CMOS camera module from Terasic to plug it into your DE2 board and use the sample code they provide.

0 Kudos