Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
1183 Discussions

Quartus Prime 22.1 version NativeLink does not work

Helen5
Beginner

Hi,

We recently installed Quartus Prime 22.1 standard version on university PCs, and I installed the Lite version on my own laptop. NativeLink doesn't work for both version.  It looks that the modelsim.tcl file has problems, so I copied the modelsim.tcl from version 21.1 and it worked. 

Can you confirming this is a acceptable workaround? Quartus has been deployed to all our campus computers, rolling back to the precious version will not be practical in terms of our teaching schedule. Please see the following error message:

errormessage.GIF

This is what in the .rpt file 

=======================================================

Info: Starting NativeLink simulation with Questa Intel FPGA software
Sourced NativeLink script c:/intelfpga/22.1std/quartus/common/tcl/internal/nativelink/modelsim.tcl
missing "
Error: NativeLink simulation flow was NOT successful

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

There is missing " in the qnativelinkflow.tcl file located at "C:\intelFPGA_lite\22.1std\quartus\common\tcl\internal\nativelink"

Open that file and go to line 122 which should say 'set questa_installation "$questa_fse_drectory'

Replaced the line with:

set questa_installation "$questa_fse_directory"

Here's the issue discussed:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Quartus-Prime-Software/Error-while-trying-to-run-Questa-simulator/td-p/1434213

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If you find any answers from the community or Intel Support to be helpful, we encourage you to mark them as the best answer or rate them 4/5 in the survey. 

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Dropping a note to ask if my last reply was helpful to you?

Do you need any further assistance from my side? 

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If you find any answers from the community or Intel Support to be helpful, we encourage you to mark them as the best answer or rate them 4/5 in the survey. 

0 Kudos
Helen5
Beginner

Yes. it worked. Thanks.

But I removed the unmatched ", instead of adding one.

Regards

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I'm pleased to know that your issue has been addressed. 

Now, I will transition this thread to community support. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you and have a great day!

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos