Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
1175 Discussions

TRDB-D5M Camera Example Distortion after no change compile

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Guys 

I am using a D5M camera with a DE2-115. When I take the example from the D5m CD and straight program it to the board (as in no re-compile), the image is displayed correctly. 

If I make absolutely no changes, but I compile the project before programming the sof file; the image then is displayed with green noise.  

Please see the two attached pictures: Note these were taken with a phone looking at an LCD monitor displaying the output of the DE2-115.  

The first is a more complete shot of the screen and the 2nd is a zoom in on what happens to the edges. 

Has anyone had this problem?  

Does anyone know how to compile the project without causing this issue?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I emailed terasic support and the problem appears to be when using a updated version of quartus. 

The original project was created on Quartus 9.0 and i'm compiling with 10.1sp1. 

So in the end the solution is: 

--- Quote Start ---  

We have to create the clock for D5M_PIXLCLK manually for this demo, please open the DE2_115_D5M_VGA.sdc file and insert the command "create_clock -period 30.0 [get_ports D5M_PIXLCLK]" into Create Clock as shown 

--- Quote End ---  

See the screen shot. 

this fixed it for me, but they also said this: 

--- Quote Start ---  

You can adjust the D5M_PIXLCLK data until you get the correct output, D5M CCD Input clock frequency is about 25Mhz 

--- Quote End ---  

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Can you please help me by pointing out any solutions for DE2 board? I tried the same you have provided for DE2- 115 and it did not work.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I using DE2 also getting the result of Distortion by quartus 13.0 sp1. How can i solve this problem?

0 Kudos
GKara7
Beginner

I also get the distortion result with Altera DE2 by Quartus 13.0 sp1. How can I solve this problem?

0 Kudos