Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
1080 Discussions

TRDB-D5M Camera Example Distortion after no change compile

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Guys 

I am using a D5M camera with a DE2-115. When I take the example from the D5m CD and straight program it to the board (as in no re-compile), the image is displayed correctly. 

If I make absolutely no changes, but I compile the project before programming the sof file; the image then is displayed with green noise.  

Please see the two attached pictures: Note these were taken with a phone looking at an LCD monitor displaying the output of the DE2-115.  

The first is a more complete shot of the screen and the 2nd is a zoom in on what happens to the edges. 

Has anyone had this problem?  

Does anyone know how to compile the project without causing this issue?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I emailed terasic support and the problem appears to be when using a updated version of quartus. 

The original project was created on Quartus 9.0 and i'm compiling with 10.1sp1. 

So in the end the solution is: 

--- Quote Start ---  

We have to create the clock for D5M_PIXLCLK manually for this demo, please open the DE2_115_D5M_VGA.sdc file and insert the command "create_clock -period 30.0 [get_ports D5M_PIXLCLK]" into Create Clock as shown 

--- Quote End ---  

See the screen shot. 

this fixed it for me, but they also said this: 

--- Quote Start ---  

You can adjust the D5M_PIXLCLK data until you get the correct output, D5M CCD Input clock frequency is about 25Mhz 

--- Quote End ---  

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Can you please help me by pointing out any solutions for DE2 board? I tried the same you have provided for DE2- 115 and it did not work.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I using DE2 also getting the result of Distortion by quartus 13.0 sp1. How can i solve this problem?

GKara7
Beginner

I also get the distortion result with Altera DE2 by Quartus 13.0 sp1. How can I solve this problem?