Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
1185 Discussions

TRDB_D5M / DE2-115 Capturing Images

Benhuen
Beginner

Hi all,

I am a student in embedded systems (m.eng.) in Germany and facing some trouble with the Demonstration of the TRDB_D5M Camera.

Link to Terasic-Resources TRDB_D5M 

I had no troubles to plugin the hardware and install the demonstration-files. Project is running easy and perfectly like given in point 3.2.

My Question is if there is a better explanation for this demonstration. I am only familair with vhdl and verilog is a bit hard to read for me at the moment. By the huge amount of this project it is not easy for me to get an logical overview about how this is working together and how I can implement my own solution. Especially in the moment I want to find out, how the capturing of the image-data by pressing Key[2] is made. I could find out, that pressing key[2] bring some states that hold on the reading process, but I cant figure out how the imagedata is constantly staying in sram for the vga-output.

So if there is a good guide for this project I would be glad if anyone could handle it to me. If not I would be glad if anyone could help me figuring out how the capturing way is working.

Out of the box: I want finally to realise a project which is sending the captured image to the UART, for doing some object-detection with that image on my computer.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

Basically we dont provide support for Terasic devkit's issues, or any devkit's not manufactured by Intel. If you have specific issue with Intel FPGA's embedded IP or video IP, please re-clarify your problem statement, so we can provide the correct support for you.

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @Benhuen,

Greetings, as clarification has been provided and we do not receive any further clarification/updates on the matter, hence would assume challenge are overcome. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. For new queries, please feel free to open a new thread and we will be right with you. Pleasure having you here.

Best Wishes

BB

0 Kudos