Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
1082 Discussions

** Warning: (vsim-3473) Component instance "dut : counter" is not bound?

TarikTec
New Contributor I

So I am following the steps to create a path to library in vhdl with modelsim, my questions are ;

1-why at page 49 of modelsim Tutorial I have written the path to where the counter.vhd is found is still not seen by modelsim:

vsim work.test_counter
# End time: 10:47:08 on Apr 16,2021, Elapsed time: 0:02:12
# Errors: 0, Warnings: 1
# vsim work.test_counter 
# Start time: 10:47:08 on Apr 16,2021
# Loading std.standard
# Loading work.test_counter(only)
# ** Warning: (vsim-3473) Component instance "dut : counter" is not bound.
#    Time: 0 ps  Iteration: 0  Instance: /test_counter File: C:/Users/Desktop/FPGA/Tasks/testbench/tcounter.vhd
# GetModuleFileName: The specified module could not be found.

and this my path in the modelsim.ini file:

[Library]
std = $MODEL_TECH/../std
ieee = $MODEL_TECH/../ieee
verilog = $MODEL_TECH/../verilog
vital2000 = $MODEL_TECH/../vital2000
std_developerskit = $MODEL_TECH/../std_developerskit
synopsys = $MODEL_TECH/../synopsys
modelsim_lib = $MODEL_TECH/../modelsim_lib
sv_std = $MODEL_TECH/../sv_std

; Altera Primitive libraries
;
; VHDL Section
;
part_lib = C:/Users/Desktop/FPGA/Tasks/resource_library/part_lib

2-is it the same procedure for modelSIm to find component modules that I need to reuse in my top_level design? or there is another procedure to make

2021-04-16 10_54_59-ModelSim® Tutorial - Foxit Reader.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

Sorry for the late reply. You may checkout the User Guide below on how to simulate your design. 

Quartus Standard: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/aym1499789502823.html

Quartus Pro: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/yur1496247032051.html

Let me know if it helps. 

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

RichardTanSY_Intel

I have yet to receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided but I believed that I have answered your question. 
With that, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos.