Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

up_ip_core help me!

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi! 

I have a DE2-70 board with Quartus 9.0 + nios2 IDE 9.0. I'd like to design a nios2 cored system with up_ip_core 9.0. works on 100MHz and that must be control all board's component resources (vga, lcd, ethernet etc.). So all components on board can be controlled with a suitable software running on nios2 unless changing the FPGA hardware structure. What must the clock sources be for all components or how can I set the suitable clock sources for each component and pipeline bridge ? Do you have any example of this or source matterial.?  

thanks for your helps.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

As far as I know there is no single precooked design that illustrates all of the features that you mentioned. The best starting point for the DE2-70 is the accompanying cd-rom (http://www.terasic.com/downloads/cd-rom/de2_70/). It has a number of sample projects in source code that illustrate the use of most of the peripherals of the DE2-70 system.