Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28633 Discussions

12.0.3 vs 12.0.4 licensing, downloading

slyc3
Beginner
I have a license for intel visual fortran composer xe 2011 update 3. (12.0.3). I'm wondering if this will still work if I install update for (12.0.4). Or do I need to change licenses? My other question is that can I download the evaluation version and then use my license through that, or else how am I supposed to get the version of the compiler for which I can use my license.

Any advice is much appreciated.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
We license by support date, not by version. When you buy a license, you can download and install any update or new version released in the next year.

When I look up your email address, all I see is an evaluation license which is good through August 11, 2011, so you can get any compiler released through that date. Simply log in to the Intel Registration Center and it will show you the latest product you are eligible for. If your purchased license is registered through a different email address than you use in the forum, log in with that. If you have not yet registered your purchased license, do so at the Intel Registration Center.

Does this help?
0 Kudos
slyc3
Beginner
Yes it helps, I appreciate your assistance. I do have another e-mail for which there is a purchased license.

The second part of my question, though. Can I activate the purchased license through the evaluation version that I downloaded, that is to say, is the evaluation version overloaded to work with both evaluation licenses and normal/other licenses? (Assuming, of course, that the purchased license is good through till at least the date on the evaluation license, (in this case august 11, 2011). Meaning the license-appropriate versions would match.)

thank-you,
slyc3
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
There isn't any difference in the product between the evaluation version and the purchased version (except that we don't make available the Visual Studio Shell with evaluation licenses.) You can use whichever downlad you like with any license that is valid for the product's build date.

So if you're asking if you can install the evaluation version and give it the serial number of the purchased license, the answer is "Yes". Is that what you want?
0 Kudos
slyc3
Beginner
Yes, that is what I wanted to know, thanks. I assume that if I used the purchased license like you indicate, I would then have available to me the Visual Studio Shell...
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
If you registered the purchased license, then when you logged in to the Intel Registration Center you would be offered the download that includes the Visual Studio Shell.
0 Kudos
slyc3
Beginner
Thanks Steve, so basically then the ideal for me i think would be to avoid using the evalversion file I downloaded, even if that saves some time, so I can get the version which includes the VS shell from the reg. center.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
To use the eval version, you need to have a supported version of Visual Studio installed, and if you have that (other than an eval version of VS), you don't need the VS Shell. But if you're going to want the shell, then yes, download the full product while logged in to the account that has the commercial license.
0 Kudos