Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

32bit executables not recognised as valid on Windows XP

chris_vigus
Beginner

I am using Intel Visual Fortran 2013.3.171 and recently upgraded to using Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 (11.0.60315.01 Update 2) from Visual Studio 2005.

Prior to moving to VS 2012 our 32 bit executables ran on Windows XP and Windows7.  Now when we release a 32bit executable built with VS 2012 it runs on Windows7 but gives a message similar to [xx] is not a valid Windows 32 executable.  Is the solution something we need to chase down in the Visual Studio msdn world or is there something we need to learn about configuring our project's Fortran settings?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
chris_vigus
Beginner

Oops.. I meant to say .. "but gives a message similar to [xx] is not a valid Windows 32 executable when launched on Windows XP."

0 Kudos
Wiland__Bruce
Beginner

When I try to run a program in Windows XP, I am getting an error message that says "An unhandled Win32 exception occurred in w2_ivf32.exe [6404]". It runs with no problem in Windows 7. I received this program from someone else and believe it was compiled with XE2012. Is this probably a manifestation of the same problem as the "... not a valid Windows 32 executable" message discussed in this thread?

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

No, it's a different problem.

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

>>>When I try to run a program in Windows XP, I am getting an error message that says "An unhandled Win32 exception occurred in w2_ivf32.exe [6404]>>>

This is different problem.Probably SEH was not able to find a proper handler and debugger is was not set up during the exception occurence so the default course of action was to terminate the process.

0 Kudos